This tag was created on YouTube by Little Cosmic Crow: #Gettoknowyourwitches
I am posting my response here rather than making a video because I am still recovering from a facial nerve graft (thanks, cancer). I feel like a dork, but I really want to participate!
1. Does your Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign) portray you correctly? If not, do your other planetary signs?
2. What songs bring you the most magickal vibes?
Rush, especially their older music. Rivendell is a favorite.
3. Which one of your deities/guides/ancestors is most sarcastic with you? If this doesn’t apply to you, which of your tarot/oracle decks is?
Interesting question, because I am a very sarcastic person. I have to go with the Universe on this one. My life has been a series of comically tragic events for the past three years. But yeah, please stop already. Message received!
4. Biggest witchy mess up or misinterpretation?
I use to mix up Beltane and Litha.
5. Would you write a book on your craft/spirituality? Why? If you already have, what were your challenges in doing so?
Probably not, though I am currently fascinated with encromancy (divination by ink stains) and I’m in the process of mapping out a personal project for that. Ink is my favorite art medium so I am hopeful that it will end up being a useful and artistic divination tool for me.
6. If someone wanted to summon you to their circle, what 5 items would they need?
Not sure how to answer – I don’t want to be summoned! If I absolutely must be called upon, you would need an excellent cup of Fujian black tea and 4 damn good reasons.
7. If you were a ghost, what place would you haunt?
Haunting anything on this plane of existence would be an enormous waste of my afterlife. This soul has things to do! (I suspect that the Universe will now send me back to this Earth because see question 3.)
8. What is the funniest way someone has reacted to finding out you are a witch?
I haven’t received very many reactions because I don’t often share that part of my life. I’ve worked from home for the past 13 years so it is rather easy for me to be closeted or cloistered, but my friends know my beliefs and they support me.
9. Do you have any superstitions?
Yes, I do not like the numbers 7, 14, or 21. I think they are bad luck.
10. If you could possess any fantasy magic, what would your power be?
Fantasy magic? That’s a tough one. As a serious question, I am not sure I would want any powers, as there is always a consequence for our actions. If I had to pick something just for fun, I would want the ability to have my daily routine finished as soon as I get out of bed in the morning – showered, dressed, and ready to go without having to deal with life’s mundane maintenances.
11. What is something random on your altar(s)?
Nothing exciting, a few tea stains and a copper candle snuffer I am too lazy to put away.
12. If one of the YouTubers you watched was a genie and they could grant you 3 wishes within their power, who would it be and what wishes? (Can’t be for more wishes)
Another tough question, because I am not sure who I would ask. The things that I currently wish for, no one can grant.
13. If you could instantly become an expert in any part of your craft/spirituality, what would it be?
Herbalism, hands down.
14. When you die, what do you think will happen to you/your soul?
This is the question, is it not? I struggle with the fundamentals, as I don’t believe in an exact reincarnation, heaven, or hell. I do believe that there is something, otherwise why bother at all. If there is nothing, truly nothing, life is an enormous waste of time, energy, and cosmic resources. If given a choice, I hope my soul will be free to traverse the multiverse.
15. Where do you see yourself spiritually in the next 5 years?
I see myself belonging to the Druid grade of OBOD. The journey will be hard, but I am looking forward to knowing myself, my truth, and having a deeper understanding of the Universe and the magic within.